• Security measures DHL Oktoberfest 7s
For your visit at the DHL Oktoberfest 7s please adhere to the following security rules:
• Taking along larger bags (i.e. backpacks, trolleys, suitcases), as well as helmets, skateboards and other sports equipment is prohibited.
• Only small backpacks and bags with a volume of up to 5 litres may be brought into the stadium.
• You may gain access to the stadium with smaller bags, but to keep queues at the security gates to a minimum, please only bring essential items into the stadium.
• Taking along weapons of any kind, liquids in larger quantities, as well as spray cans and groceries is prohibited.
• Mobile telephones and cameras for private purposes may be brought along, other than that electronic devices such as laptop computers and tablets are prohibited.
• When will the DHL Oktoberfest 7s be held?
The tournament will be held on Friday the 29th and Saturday the 30th of September 2017. The on-pitch action kicks off at 1 p.m. on Friday, the stadium gates will open at 12 p.m.
• Where will the DHL Oktoberfest 7s be held?
The DHL Oktoberfest 7s elite tournament will be held at the 69,000 capacity Munich olympic stadium in Bavaria, Germany. The amateur Oktoberfest 7s classics are going to be played just across the road of the olympic stadium on the university sports pitches.
• How do I get to Munich?
Munich has a major international airport, the second biggest in Germany, with direct connections to 248 destinations. A commuter train (S-Bahn, queries can be made on the German national rail page) takes passengers right to the city centre, where a connection by subway can be made to the olympic park. The total journey time is about 50 minutes from the airport terminal to the ground.
Visitors arriving by car are advised to use motorway A9 towards the city center and then take the exit München-Schwabing onto the westbound inner ring road R2, which directly leads to the olympic stadium.
Passengers using the railway will arrive at Munich’s central station, which (München Hbf) is one of the busiest in Germany, boasting high speed access to Berlin, Frankfurt and Hamburg, as well as countless International destinations several times a day. The station is only a short subway or commuter train ride away from the stadium. Railway-tickets are available via www.bahn.com
• Where can I purchase tickets for the tournament and how much do they cost?
Tickets are available via Ticketmaster and München Ticket starting at €25. Tickets for a separate party, family and VIP stand are available for purchase.
• What do VIP-Tickets entail?
These are the best seats we’ve got to offer right on half way and as close to the action as you can get. All day catering with the best the Bavarian cuisine has to offer and the unique chance to meet our rugby legends hosting our VIP guests. Moreover you will have access to our pitch side VIP beer garden.
• What is the family stand?
This area of the ground is reserved for families. Spend the day with other families in proximity of the kids entertainment yet close to the on pitch action. Make the most of your DHL Oktoberfest 7s experience and bring your loved ones along.
• What ist die party stand?
Soak up the unrivaled sevens atmosphere on our designated party stand! Fancy dresses and the international crowd will make your trip to the DHL Oktoberfest 7s a once in a lifetime experience.
• Which teams are going to play at the DHL Oktoberfest 7s?
There will be twelve teams competing for the inaugural title at the DHL Oktoberfest 7s. Among the teams already confirmed are Fiji, South Africa, England, Australia, France, Argentina, Ireland and the hosts Germany. Further team confirmations will be made in the coming weeks.
• Where can I find accommodation options?
Munich tends to get very busy during the Oktoberfest. That’s why we are currently in negotiations with large scale operators to make ticket-accommodation packages available. However there are still countless options available via popular booking sites such as booking.com or hotels.com. It is advisable to stay close to either a subway (U-Bahn) or commuter rail (S-Bahn) station, which will guarantee easy access to the olympic stadium and the Oktoberfest grounds.
• How do I get from the olympic stadium to the Oktoberfest grounds?
The stadium is only a ten minute walk away from the „Olympiazentrum“ subway station, from which the ride to the Oktoberfest grounds takes about 15 minutes.
• How do I register a team for the amateur tournament?
The registration for the amateur tournament is managed by the Munich rugby football club and can be done via this link.
• Who do I need to contact for sponsoring / advertising opportunities?
For further enquiries regarding sponsorship and advertising please refer to [email protected]